I just found this thing, even Whatsmypassword had been released ‘The Top 500 Worst Passwords of All Time’. That list was published in November 30th, 2008. But, I think it is timeless. But, even that list is two years old, the RockYou site had been hacked in the late of 2009 and almost 32 millions passwords breached. And what is the common password breached? After the painful analysis, the common passwords breached from RockYou almost the same as in the Whatsmypasswords site.A lot of site had been reviewed about that common passwords and some of them almost them same, so, I am trying to do a little bit differences by grouping that common passwords.
1. Sequence of numbers. Ex: 12345, 123456, 12345678. This is the most unthinkable laziest passwords ever used forever.
2. Simply a group of same numbers. Ex: 11111, 22222, 33333, 4444. This is more unthinkable lazier than the first group.
3. Harsh swearing words. Ex: porn, shit, stupid, bigdick, f*ckyou, f*ckme, 6969(?-is it number or what?), as*hole, hentai, bigtits, bith-etc.
4. Name. Ex:Brian, jennifern Thomas–etc
5. Pet/animals name. Ex: Kitty, horse, turtle, firebird, monkey–etc.
6. Brand/thing. Ex: yamaha, ferreri, toyota, mustang, chelsea, porshe, shadow, home, –etc
7. Alphabet. Ex: xxxxx, zzzzz, –etc.
8. Keyboard pattern. Ex: zxcvb, asdf, qazwsx–etc.
9. Place name. Ex: Florida, sydney, paris–etc.
10. Common words. Ex: Success, Forever, mistress–etc.
11. Combination of words and number. Ex: abc123, thx1138, princess1990–etc.
Luckily enough, my passwords are not in the list. Are you in the list? So, whats your passwords?
Now, you know how important it is the password strength scale. Site for password checker here.
To read all the list of that 500 password, click here.
Read and download Imperva analysis here.